APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR AT CLOTHING OPTIONAL
- DON'T GO OUT OF ESTABLISHED NUDE AREAS or wander nude onto a clothed
beach or parking lot. Our ability to use the beach nude depends on our
staying within the traditional Clothing Optional area. Nudity is only
tolerated at San Onofre State Beach south of the wash located about
300 yards south of Lifeguard tower 6.
- NO OVERT SEXUAL ACTIVITY. NUDE IS NOT LEWD
However, sexual conduct in any public place is illegal and will not
be tolerated at San Onofre State Beach. What
does the law say?
- DO NOT PHOTOGRAPH PEOPLE without their permission. No one wants to
end up in a stranger's photo album, and certainly not on the Internet.
Hidden cameras are especially objectionable. NEVER photograph children
without first asking their parents for permission.
- RESPECT OTHERS' PRIVACY. Many are at the beach for quiet and relaxing
time. Gawkers and pickup artists are not welcome.
- If a person seems unaware of beach etiquette, explain it, kindly and
plainly. Their objectionable or ILLEGAL behavior can cost us this beach.
It may be helpful to enlist the support of others when confronting these
SOME PARK RULES
- HELP WITH LITTER. Pick up your trash, cigarette butts, and dog droppings.
The Park Service provides small plastic bags at the trail head for dog
droppings, etc. Please use them.
- KEEP DOGS ON A LEASH. Dogs are permitted at Trails 1 and 6 only, and
must be on a leash at all times. For more information see CA State Parks
Dog in the Park"
- NO ILLEGAL DRUGS
- NO GLASS ON THE BEACH
- NO OPEN FIRES
- NO CAMPING ON THE BEACH. This means that tents, shelters, etc may
not be enclosed.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES